2016 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:996.7 - Judicial expense fund; disbursements

LA Rev Stat § 13:996.7 (2016) What's This?

§996.7. Judicial expense fund; disbursements

The judges, en banc, of the Twenty-First Judicial District Court may, in lieu of all or any part of the fees for reporting and transcribing testimony authorized under the provisions of R.S. 13:961(F), or other applicable laws, and in addition to salaries otherwise provided, authorized, or established by law, fix and pay each of their court reporters a salary from the judicial expense fund. The judges, en banc, may further appoint such secretarial, clerical, research, administrative, or other personnel as they deem necessary to expedite the business and function of the court and fix and pay all or any part of the salaries of such personnel out of the monies in the judicial expense fund. In like manner, the judges, en banc, may utilize the monies in the judicial expense fund to pay all or any part of the cost of establishing or maintaining a law library for the court, or for buying or maintaining any type of equipment, supplies, or other items consistent with or germane to the efficient operation of the court. In general, the judicial expense fund is established for, or related to, the proper administration or function of the court of the office of the individual judges and is in addition to any and all other funds, salaries, expenses, or other monies that are not or hereafter provided, authorized, or established by law for any of the aforesaid purposes.

Added by Acts 1980, No. 553, §1; Acts 2012, No. 452, §1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.