2015 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 40 - Public Health and Safety
RS 40:1061.19 - Records
A. Each physician shall retain and make part of the medical record of each pregnant woman upon whom an abortion is performed or induced, copies of the following:
(1) The certificate required by R.S. 40:1061.13.
(2) The consent form or court order required by R.S. 40:1061.14, if applicable.
(3) The consent form required by R.S. 40:1061.17.
(4) The reports required by R.S. 40:1061.21.
(5) The certificate required by R.S. 40:1061.23, if applicable.
(6) The signed certification form provided for in R.S. 40:1061.16(C) indicating that the woman or minor female acknowledged receipt of informational materials concerning psychological impacts, illegal coercion, abuse, and human trafficking.
B. The physician shall retain the documents required in Subsection A of this Section for not less than seven years.
Added by Acts 1978, No. 435, §1. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 418, §1; Acts 1981, No. 774, §1, eff. July 23, 1981; Acts 2014, No. 569, §2, special eff. date; Redesignated from R.S. 40:1299.35.8 by HCR 84 of 2015 R.S.
NOTE: See Acts 2014, No. 569, §3, regarding effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.