2013 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 4 - Amusements and Sports
RS 4:65 - Licenses; fees; bond
§65. Licenses; fees; bond
A.(1) The commission may issue a promoter's license to hold, conduct, or give boxing, mixed technique event, and wrestling contests or exhibitions to any applicant, including, in the case of corporations, its officers and stockholders, who, in the discretion of the commission, has the financial responsibility, experience, character, and general fitness, to be such that the licensing of such applicant will be consistent with the public interest, convenience, or necessity and with the best interests of boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling generally and in conformity with this Chapter and the rules and regulations of the commission. Such licenses shall be issued for the calendar year, and the commission may require applicants therefor to submit their applications prior to the commencement of the calendar year. The holding of such a license shall not be construed to grant the licensee a vested right to have the license renewed the following calendar year. The number of licenses to be issued to hold, conduct, or give boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling contests or exhibitions in any particular parish shall be determined by the commission, in its discretion consistent with the public interest, convenience, or necessity and with the best interests of boxing or wrestling generally.
(2) Before any such license is granted, the applicant shall execute and file with the State Boxing and Wrestling Commission a bond of five thousand dollars in favor of the Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestling Commission as a security of good faith and ability to abide by the terms and provisions of this Chapter, for which the commission secretary shall issue to the applicant a certificate of its filing and approval. In lieu thereof, a certified check will be acceptable, which amount shall be kept on deposit by the secretary for the duration of the license period. This bond may be increased by the commission before approving the holding, conducting, or giving of any boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling exhibition or contest, based upon the seating capacity of the hall or facility where said contest or exhibition is to be conducted. The following schedule shall govern the amount of the additional bond that may be required to be posted with the commission for the holding, conducting, or giving of a boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling contest or exhibition:
0 to 999
1,000 to 2,999
3,000 to 5,999
6,000 to 9,999
10,000 or above
(3) The commission may require a bond from clubs, with security, for the faithful performance of all contracts entered into and approved by the commission. At the discretion of the commission, the amount of the performance bond required of a club may equal but shall not exceed the total amount of all professional boxing contracts entered into by that club. In lieu thereof, a certified check will be acceptable. This bond shall be in addition to the bond of between five thousand dollars and fifty thousand dollars hereinabove required.
B. The commission may charge the following fees for licenses:
Wrestling and mixed technique event promoters
Professional boxing contestants in main bouts
Professional wrestling contestants
C. The commission may for cause, and after a hearing, revoke or suspend any license issued under the provisions of this Chapter, or may fine the holder of such license the sum of not more than one thousand dollars, or both, for any of the following reasons:
(1) Violation of any provision of this Chapter;
(2) Violation of any of the rules or regulations of the commission;
(3) Finding that the licensee has committed an act detrimental to the interests of boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling generally or to the public interest, convenience, or necessity;
(4) Finding that the licensee has been guilty of or attempted any fraud or misrepresentation in connection with boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling; or
(5) Finding that a licensee is under suspension or has had his boxing, mixed technique event, or wrestling license revoked in another jurisdiction.
Acts 1974, No. 553, §1. Amended by Acts 1981, No. 747, §1; Acts 1988, No. 576, §1, eff. Sept. 1, 1988; Acts 1990, No. 640, §1; Acts 1993, No. 890, §1; Acts 2007, No. 90, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.