2011 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 9 — Civil code-ancillaries
RS 9:325 — Collection of past due spousal support

LA Rev Stat § 9:325 What's This?

§325. Collection of past due spousal support

A. In addition to any other legal remedies provided by law, any party may seek the collection of past due spousal support from federal tax refunds by sending notice to the federal secretary of the treasury that a person owes past due support. The party shall comply with all rules and regulations imposed by the secretary of the treasury and by the federal secretary of health and human services, including payment of any fee assessed by the secretary of the treasury for the cost of applying the offset procedure.

B. As used in this Part, "past due spousal support" means the amount of a delinquency determined under a court order under state law for support and maintenance of a spouse.

C. A court in a civil proceeding has jurisdiction to render a judgment for past due spousal support which has accrued under a civil court order for support.

Acts 2006, No. 478, §1, eff. June 22, 2006.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.