2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 42 — Public officers and employees
RS 42:728 — Duties of the merit system director
§728. Duties of the merit system director
The merit system director shall be the executive and administrative head of the Louisiana merit system council and shall direct and supervise all of its administrative and technical activities. In addition to the duties imposed upon him in this Chapter, he shall:
(1) Attend all meetings of the council and to act as its secretary and keep minutes of its proceedings.
(2) Establish and maintain a roster of all employees subject to the provisions of this Chapter, in which there shall be set forth, as to each employee, the class title of the position held; the salary or pay; any change in class title, pay or status; and any other necessary data.
(3) Appoint, by and with the consent of the council, under the provisions of this Chapter, employees of the council, and experts and special assistants as may be necessary to carry out effectively the provisions of this Chapter.
(4) Develop, in cooperation with appointing authorities and others, training and educational programs for employees in the agencies governed by this Chapter.
(5) Make and publish annual reports regarding the work of the council, and special reports to the council and to the governor.
(6) Perform any other acts and functions he may consider necessary or desirable to carry out the purposes of this Chapter, or which he may be directed to perform by the council.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.