2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 42 — Public officers and employees
RS 42:723 — Positions exempted
§723. Positions exempted
Positions in the federal aid agencies and in the merit system council which are not governed by the provisions of this Chapter and are in the exempt service are:
(1) The state health officer, a confidential secretary to the state health officer, and the chief attorney of the department of health.
(2) Members of the state board of health and of all parish and municipal health boards.
(3) The commissioner of public welfare, a confidential secretary to the commissioner, and the chief attorney of the department of public welfare.
(4) Members of the state board of public welfare and of all parish welfare boards.
(5) The executive director of the Louisiana Workforce Commission, the administrator and the legal counsel of the office of employment security of the Louisiana Workforce Commission, and all employees of the Louisiana Workforce Commission not employed in the division of employment security of the department.
(6) Members of the unemployment compensation and employment service advisory councils, and members of the board of review representing employer and employee interests.
(7) The state hospital director, members of the state hospital board and of the state advisory council of the board, and all employees of the state hospital board not employed in the hospital and health planning division of the board.
(8) Independent contractors employed by any federal aid agency to render services on a contractual basis, including independent contractual professional services, provided these contractors meet the standards of training and experience established by the council.
(9) Janitors, maids and manual labor employed by any federal aid agency.
(10) The members of the merit system council.
Acts 1992, No. 447, §4; Acts 2008, No. 743, §7, eff. July 1, 2008.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.