2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 42 — Public officers and employees
RS 42:450.3 — Notification of employer
§450.3. Notification of employer
A. A qualified public employee shall notify his employing agency of his desire for leave of absence as soon as practicable following the occurrence of a disaster within the state of Louisiana for which his services are needed by a Louisiana unit of the American Red Cross.
B. All requests for disaster service leave of absence under the provisions of this Part shall be made in writing to the appointing authority of the employing agency, and shall include all of the following:
(1) Certification by the employee that he is a Trained Disaster Volunteer.
(2) The nature and location of the disaster to which he is requested to respond.
(3) The anticipated duration of his expected leave.
(4) The type of service he is to provide to the American Red Cross.
(5) The identity and title of the official of the American Red Cross unit who will be supervising the employee.
(6) A written request for the employee's services from an official of the American Red Cross.
Acts 1995, No. 455, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.