2011 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 42 — Public officers and employees
RS 42:443 — Pool leave account; participation; use

LA Rev Stat § 42:443 What's This?

§443. Pool leave account; participation; use

A. Any full-time employee of an employing agency may request voluntarily, in writing, that a specified number of hours of his accrued annual or sick leave or both be transferred from his annual or sick leave account to a pool account the agency establishes to distribute leave pursuant to the provisions of this Part.

B. No employee with less than fifteen days in his personal sick leave account may transfer any leave to the pool account. Any employee with more than fifteen days in his sick leave account may transfer sick leave to the pool account provided he retains a minimum of fifteen days in his own sick leave account.

C. Annual or sick leave transferred under this Part may be substituted retroactively for periods of leave without pay or used to liquidate an indebtedness for advanced annual or sick leave granted.

D. A leave recipient approved for participation under the pool account may use annual or sick leave from the pool account in the same manner for a personal emergency as if the recipient had accrued the leave in the manner provided by law, rule, regulation, or policy.

E. Participating employees shall not be eligible to use transferred leave from the pool account until all personally accrued annual, sick, and compensatory leave has been used.

F. Transferred annual or sick leave from the pool account remaining to the credit of a leave recipient when his employment terminates shall not be transferred to another employee, included in a lump-sum payment for accrued leave, or included in the total service for retirement computation.

Acts 1992, No. 1008, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1993.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.