2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 42 — Public officers and employees
RS 42:375.2 — Agency attrition analysis process, higher education systems
§375.2. Agency attrition analysis process, higher education systems
A. The Board of Regents shall establish and implement an agency attrition analysis process to be used by each higher education system to review the historical employee vacancies, relative to authorized table of organization full and part-time positions funded in whole or in part by the state general fund, within each agency with a goal to reduce by five percent annually for three years by an equally proportionate reduction of such positions across all salary ranges of equal increments, beginning Fiscal Year 2010-2011, the number of such positions in each higher education system.
B. In implementing the requirements of Subsection A of this Section, the Board of Regents shall establish a process which requires the analysis of the following:
(1) General staffing needs of each higher education system.
(2) The state general fund cost associated with the filling of each vacant position.
(3) Any other information necessary to properly evaluate whether to retain or eliminate each vacant position.
C. On the first day of the month following the month in which the executive budget is submitted to the Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget, the Board of Regents shall provide a written report to the Commission on Streamlining Government indicating the state general fund dollar savings achieved as a result of the implementation of the agency attrition analysis process and the number of vacant positions eliminated and any other information relating to personnel numbers, costs, and historical vacancies.
D. For the purposes of this Section, the following terms shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Agency" means and includes all agencies, boards, commissions, and other instrumentalities within a higher education system.
(2) "Higher education system" means and includes each system and all institutions, agencies, and offices thereof for which the Board of Regents maintains budgetary responsibility as provided in Article VIII, Section 5(A) of the Constitution of Louisiana.
(3) "Vacant position" means any authorized table of organization full or part-time position of employment for which a budget has been approved and an appropriation has been made or a transfer of funds effected pursuant to law which is funded in whole or in part by the state general fund, but which is not filled.
Acts 2010, No. 1000, §2.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.