2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 42 — Public officers and employees
RS 42:1130.6 — Deceptive caller identification information; prohibition
§1130.6. Deceptive caller identification information; prohibition
A. No person, for the purpose of supporting, opposing, or otherwise influencing the nomination or election of a person to public office, shall authorize or approve any call, or cause any call to be made, which the person knows or reasonably should know will include or will be transmitted with deceptive caller identification information.
B. For purposes of this Section, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Caller identification information" means information provided to an end user by a caller identification service regarding the telephone number of, or other information regarding the origination of, a call made using a telecommunications service.
(2) "Caller identification service" means any service or device designed to provide the user of the service or device with the telephone number of, or other information regarding the origination of, a call made using a telecommunications service.
(3) "Deceptive caller identification information" is caller identification information that falsely indicates that the call originated with a particular candidate or a committee or agent of a particular candidate.
(4) "Telecommunications service" shall have the meaning provided in R.S. 47:301(29)(x). "Telecommunications service" shall include but not be limited to a Voice over Internet Protocol service.
(5) "Voice over Internet Protocol service" means a service that provides real-time voice communications transmitted through end user equipment using TCP/IP protocol or a successor protocol, that is offered to the public or to such classes of users as to be effectively available to the public, and that has the capability to originate traffic to or terminate traffic from the public switched telephone network.
Acts 2008, No. 812, §1, eff. July 7, 2008.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.