2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 40 — Public health and safety
RS 40:2010.3 — Ombudsman; functions and responsibilities
§2010.3. Ombudsman; functions and responsibilities
A. The ombudsman shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
(1) To visit facilities on a regular basis in order to become acquainted with residents, residents' families, facility administration and facility personnel; to promote community involvement with residents of facilities; to serve as a liaison between residents, residents' families, facility personnel and facility administration.
(2) To encourage residents in self-advocacy when problems are expressed and to make recommendations to the facility administration for the appropriate resolution of the problem.
(3) To promote the development of citizen organizations to participate in the ombudsman program.
(4) To make referrals and recommendations to the Department of Health and Hospitals and the Department of Children and Family Services, where such referral is appropriate.
(5) To provide for the training of the ombudsman, including volunteers and other representatives of the ombudsman, in:
(a) Federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and policies with respect to long term care facilities in state.
(b) Investigative techniques.
(c) Such other matters as the office deems appropriate.
(6) To provide reports to the oversight subcommittee of the joint committee on health and welfare as the subcommittee may require.
B. No officer, employee, or other representative of the office of the state long term care ombudsman may investigate any complaint filed with the office unless the individual has received such training as may be required under R.S. 40:2010.3(A)(5) and has been approved by the long term care ombudsman as qualified to investigate such complaints.
Added by Acts 1982, No. 515, §1. Acts 1988, No. 1003, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.