2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 40 — Public health and safety
RS 40:1299.35.10 — Reports
A. An individual abortion report for each abortion performed or induced shall be completed by the attending physician. The report shall be confidential and shall not contain the name or address of the woman. The report shall include:
(1) Patient number.
(2) Name and address of the facility at which the abortion was performed or induced.
(3) Date of abortion.
(4) The parish and municipality, if any, in which the pregnant woman resides.
(5) Age of pregnant woman.
(7) Marital status.
(8) Number of previous pregnancies.
(9) Educational background.
(10) Number of living children.
(11) Number of previous induced abortions.
(12) Date of last induced abortion.
(13) Date of live birth.
(14) Method of contraception at time of conception, if any.
(15) Date of beginning of last menstrual period.
(16) Medical condition of woman at time of abortion.
(17) Rh type of pregnant woman.
(18) A photographic print or image produced as the result of the ultrasound test required to inform the woman of the probable gestational age of the unborn child in accordance with R.S. 40:1299.35.6(B)(1)(c) and R.S. 40:1299.35.1(3) to determine viability of the unborn child in accordance with R.S. 40:1299.35.2(C).
(19) Type of abortion procedure.
(20) Reason for abortion.
(21) Complications by type.
(22) Type of procedure done after the abortion.
(23) Type of family planning recommended.
(24) Type of additional counseling given.
(25) Signature of attending physician.
(26) Copies, with the name and address obliterated, of the certificates and consent forms required by R.S. 40:1299.35.8.
B. An individual complication report for any post-abortion care performed upon a woman shall be completed by the physician providing such post-abortion care. The report shall include:
(1) The date of the abortion.
(2) The name and address of the facility where the abortion was performed or induced.
(3) The nature of the abortion complication diagnosed or treated.
(4) The name and address of the facility where the post-abortion care was performed.
C. All abortion reports shall be signed by the attending physician and submitted to the Department of Health and Hospitals within thirty days after the date of the abortion. All complication reports shall be signed by the physician providing the post-abortion care and submitted to the Department of Health and Hospitals within thirty days after the date of the completion of the post-abortion care.
D. The Department of Health and Hospitals shall be responsible for collecting all abortion reports and complication reports and collating and evaluating all data gathered therefrom, and shall annually publish a statistical report based on such data from abortions performed in the previous calendar year.
Added by Acts 1978, No. 435, §1. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 418, §1; Acts 1981, No. 774, §1, eff. July 23, 1981; Acts 1986, No. 948, §1; Acts 1999, No. 1232, §1, eff. July 9, 1999; Acts 2001, No. 1110, §1, eff. June 28, 2001.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.