2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:335 — Levee districts and duties of commissioner of administration
§335. Levee districts and duties of commissioner of administration
With respect to levee districts, the commissioner of administration shall:
(1) Warrant the direct exchange of new for old bonds as outlined in R.S. 38:414.
(2) Warrant the sale of bonds for redemption of outstanding bonds and for other purposes as outlined in R.S. 38:415 and 38:416.
(3) Warrant the payment of any interest coupons of levee boards and in so issuing, pursuant to R.S. 38:417, punch twice in the center each and every coupon so paid, and paste the coupons so punched in a book or register to be kept by him for that purpose.
(4) If there is a failure of the levee board to levy the taxes and local contributions, as provided for in R.S. 38:417 and R.S. 38:418, or in case, from any other cause the taxes and local contributions are not so levied, order the proper officers to extend the taxes upon the assessment rolls of the parishes and parts of parishes composing the levee district, and order the proper officers of the parishes and parts of parishes to collect the taxes and local contributions to an amount sufficient to meet the purposes provided for by R.S. 38:417 and R.S. 38:418.
(5) Warrant against the various levee district funds for an amount necessary to pay the additional expense of auditing, keeping, and paying the accounts of the funds, shall not exceed twenty-four hundred dollars.
Added by Acts 1976, No. 649, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.