2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:321 — Definitions
PART XI. PROPERTY CONTROL
Except where the context clearly otherwise indicates, for purposes of this Part the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Agency" means any state office, department, board, commission, institution, division, officer or other person, or functional group, heretofore existing or hereafter created, that is authorized to exercise, or that does exercise, any functions of the government of the state, but not any governing body or officer of any local government or subdivision of the state, district attorney, sheriff, or any parochial officer who exercises functions coterminous with the municipality in which he performs those functions.
(2) "Auction by sealed bid" means the sale by auction that takes place when confidential offers are presented and the thing is sold to the qualified bidder who offers the highest price.
(3) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of administration.
(4) "Division" means the division of administration.
(5) "Internet " means the global information system that is logically linked together by a globally unique address space based on the internet protocol or its subsequent extensions, is able to support communications using the transmission control protocol/internet protocol suite or its subsequent extensions, and other internet protocol compatible protocols, and provides, uses or makes accessible, either publicly or privately, high level services layered on the communications and related infrastructure described herein.
(6) "Internet computer auction" means the sale by auction that takes place when offers are placed through the use of electronic technology including the internet and the thing is sold to the qualified bidder who offers the highest price.
(7) "Live public auction" means the sale by auction that takes place when the thing is offered publicly by a live auctioneer to be sold to the qualified bidder who offers the highest price.
(8) "Property" means tangible non-consumable movable property owned by an agency.
Added by Acts 1964, No. 115, §1. Acts 1983, No. 366, §1; Acts 2004, No. 19, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.