2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:2172 — Definitions
As used in this Chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this Section, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Agency" or "state agency" means any department, office, division, commission, council, board, bureau, committee, institution, agency, government corporation, or other establishment or official of the executive or judicial branches of state government.
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of administration.
(3) "Contract" or "public contract" means all types of state agreements, regardless of what they may be called, for the purchase of materials, supplies, services, or major repairs, or for the making of any public works. It includes awards and notices of award; contracts of a fixed-price, cost, cost-plus a fixed-fee, or incentive type; contracts providing for the issuance of job or task orders; leases; letter contracts; and purchase orders. It also includes supplemental agreements with respect to any of the foregoing.
(4) "Contractor" means any person having a contract with a state agency.
(5) "Data" means recorded information, regardless of form or characteristic.
(6) "Goal" means a numerically expressed objective relating to state procurements and public works contracts that a state agency or contractor is encouraged to make a good faith effort to achieve.
(7) "Procurement" means the buying, purchasing, renting, leasing, or otherwise obtaining any materials, supplies, services, or major repairs. It also includes all functions that pertain to the obtaining of any public procurement, including description of requirements, selection and solicitation of sources, preparation and award of contract, and all phases of contract administration.
(8) "Public work" means the erection, construction, alteration, improvement, or repair of any public facility or immovable property owned, used, or leased by a state agency.
(9) "Service-connected disabled veteran-owned small entrepreneurship" means any corporation, partnership, individual, sole proprietorship, joint stock company, joint venture, or any other legal entity which has not less than fifty-one percent ownership by a veteran of the United States Armed Forces with a service-connected disability, and meets the criteria for certification by the secretary of the Department of Economic Development pursuant to R.S. 39:2176. Service-connected disability will be ascertained with appropriate documents from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs.
(10) "Veteran-owned small entrepreneurship" means any corporation, partnership, individual, sole proprietorship, joint stock company, joint venture, or any other legal entity which has not less than fifty-one percent ownership by a veteran of the United States Armed Forces and meets the criteria for certification by the secretary of the Department of Economic Development pursuant to R.S. 39:2176.
Acts 2009, No. 167, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.