2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:15.5 — Louisiana technology advisory group
§15.5. Louisiana Technology Advisory Group
A. There is hereby created the Louisiana Technology Advisory Group, hereafter referred to in this Part as the "Technology Advisory Group" or "TAG". The roles, duties, and activities of the board shall be the following:
(1) Serve as the technology counterpart to the IT Advisory Board, providing advice and support as requested.
(2) Advise the CIO on technology approaches to coordinating information technology solutions among state government entities.
(3) Provide a forum for the discussion of emerging technologies that enhance electronic accessibility to various publicly funded sources of information and services.
(4) Provide technical resources to assist the CIO in the development and implementation of statewide information technology plans, policies, architecture, standards, and guidelines.
(5) Provide advice and support as requested by the CIO.
(6) Provide assistance to the Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget as required under the provisions of R.S. 39:15.3(C).
B. The Technology Advisory Group shall be composed of the following members:
(1) One information technology representative from each department within the scope of authority of the office of information technology to be appointed by the chief executive officer of that department.
(2) One information technology representative from postsecondary education to be appointed by the Louisiana Postsecondary Education Information Technology Council.
(3) One information technology representative from the Senate to be designated by the president of the Senate.
(4) One information technology representative from the House of Representatives to be designated by the speaker of the House of Representatives.
(5) One information technology representative from the judicial branch to be designated by the chief justice.
(6) One information technology representative from the office of the governor, to be appointed by the governor.
(7) Five members to be appointed by the CIO.
C. The chairman of the Technology Advisory Group shall be elected by the group.
Acts 2001, No. 772, §1, eff. July 1, 2001.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.