2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:1481 — Professional, personal, consulting, and
CHAPTER 16. PROFESSIONAL, PERSONAL, CONSULTING, AND
SOCIAL SERVICES PROCUREMENT
PART I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
SUBPART A. PURPOSES, CONSTRUCTION, AND APPLICATION
§1481. Purposes, rules of construction
A. This Chapter shall be liberally construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies.
B. The underlying purposes and policies of this Chapter are to:
(1) Simplify, clarify, and modernize the law governing state procurement of professional, personal, consulting, and social services.
(2) Permit the continued development of procurement policies and practices.
(3) Promote increased public confidence in the procedures followed in public procurement.
(4) Insure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who deal with the procurement system of this state.
(5) Provide increased economy in state procurement activities by fostering effective competition.
(6) Provide safeguards for the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity.
Added by Acts 1978, No. 772, §1; Acts 1985, No. 673, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.