2011 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:1430.1 — Security interests by public entities

LA Rev Stat § 39:1430.1 What's This?

§1430.1. Security interests by public entities

Any pledge of and grant of security interest in taxes, income, revenues, monies, loan payments, reimbursement payments, or receipts, including without limitation water, gas, garbage, electricity or sewer charges, fees, receipts, rates, rentals, excess revenues, general fund monies or hospital revenues, or loan agreements, reimbursement agreements, or other financing agreements or related contract rights, made by a public entity in connection with the issuance of securities shall be valid, binding, and perfected from the time when the pledge is made. The taxes, income, revenues, monies, payments, or receipts or agreements or contract rights so pledged and then held or thereafter received by the public entity or any fiduciary shall immediately be subject to the lien of such pledge and security interest without any physical delivery thereof or further act, and the lien of such pledge and security interest shall be first priority and valid and binding as against all parties having claims of any kind in tort, contract, or otherwise against the public entity, whether or not such parties have notice thereof. Neither the resolution nor any trust agreement or issuing document by which such pledge and security interest is created need be filed or recorded. No filing with respect to such pledge and security interest made by a public entity need be made under Chapter 9 of the Louisiana Commercial Laws, R.S. 10:9-101 et seq., for the perfection or priority of such pledge and security interest.

Acts 2001, No. 128, §14, eff. July 1, 2001; Acts 2004, No. 303, §4.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.