2011 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:1308 — Inspection of the proposed budget
§1308. Inspection of the proposed budget
A. The proposed budget of a political subdivision shall be available for public inspection at the following locations:
(1) Municipalities: at the office of the mayor or municipal governing authority.
(2) School boards: at the school board office.
(3) Special districts: at the office of the governing authority of the special district.
(4) All other political subdivisions: at the office of the individual political subdivision.
(5) In cases where the political subdivision is located within the boundaries of more than one parish, the proposed budget shall be available at the office of the parish governing authority of each parish.
B. The district attorney for the Sixteenth Judicial District shall also post the proposed budget of his office on the official Internet website or portal of the district attorney of the Sixteenth Judicial District.
Added by Acts 1980, No. 504, §1, eff. Sept. 1, 1980. Acts 1984, No. 186, §2; Acts 1999, No. 775, §2, eff. July 2, 1999; Acts 2010, No. 680, §1, eff. July 1, 2010.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.