2011 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 39 — Public finance
RS 39:127.2 — Capitol complex master plan; fund

LA Rev Stat § 39:127.2 What's This?

§127.2. Capitol Complex Master Plan; fund

A. There is hereby established in the state treasury, the "Capitol Complex Master Plan Fund", hereinafter referred to as the fund. Money shall be deposited in and credited to the fund from net revenues from casino gaming operations as such deposits are required under the provisions of R.S. 27:270(A)(3).

B. Except as otherwise provided in this Section, monies in the fund shall be subject to annual appropriation by the legislature but only for purposes specified in this Subsection. Monies in the fund may be expended or appropriated for capital improvements for projects contained in the Capitol Complex Master Plan prepared by the division of administration as such plan existed on April 1, 1997, or any changes, additions, or alterations to such plan if approved jointly by the governor, speaker of the House of Representatives, and president of the Senate.

C. For purposes of this Section, "capital improvements" shall mean and include, relative to any project contained in the Capitol Complex Master Plan, planning, construction, reconstruction, renovation, land acquisitions, equipment acquisitions, maintenance, repairs, and equipment replacement. "Capital improvements" shall also mean and include the payment in connection with any such project of principal, interest, or premium, if any, and other obligations incident to the issuance, security, and payment of bonds or other evidences of indebtedness associated therewith, provided that the payment in respect thereto may be expended by the state treasurer without the need for legislative appropriation.

Acts 1997, No. 1359, §2, eff. July 1, 1997.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.