2011 Louisiana Laws
Civil Code
CC 807 — Right to partition; exclusion by agreement

LA Civ Code 807 What's This?

Art. 807. Right to partition; exclusion by agreement

No one may be compelled to hold a thing in indivision with another unless the contrary has been provided by law or juridical act.

Any co-owner has a right to demand partition of a thing held in indivision. Partition may be excluded by agreement for up to fifteen years, or for such other period as provided in R.S. 9:1702 or other specific law.

Acts 1990, No. 990, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1991; Acts 1991, No. 349, §1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.