2011 Louisiana Laws
CC 3352 — Recorded acts; required information
Art. 3352. Recorded acts; required information
A. An instrument shall contain the following information when appropriate for its type and nature:
(1) The full name, domicile, and permanent mailing address of the parties.
(2) The marital status of all of the parties who are individuals, including the full name of the present spouse or a declaration that the party is unmarried.
(3) A declaration as to whether there has been a change in the marital status of any party who is a transferor of the immovable or interest or right since he acquired it, and if so, when and in what manner the change occurred.
(4) The municipal number or postal address of the property, if it has one.
(5) The last four digits of the social security number or the taxpayer identification number of the mortgagor, whichever is applicable.
(6) The notary's identification number or the attorney's bar roll number and the typed, printed, or stamped name of the notary and witnesses if the instrument is an authentic act of, or an authenticated act by, a notary.
B. The recorder shall not refuse to record an instrument because it does not contain the information required by this Article. The omission of that information does not impair the validity of an instrument or the effect given to its recordation.
C. The recorder shall only display the last four digits of the social security numbers listed on instruments that his office makes available for viewing on the Internet.
Acts 2005, No. 169, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 2006; Acts 2005, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 13, §1, eff. Nov. 29, 2005.
NOTE: Acts 2005, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 13, §1, changed the effective date of Acts 2005, No. 169, to July 1, 2006.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.