2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 46:287.4 — Characteristics of family preservation services
§287.4. Characteristics of family preservation services
Family preservation services shall have all of the following characteristics:
(1) Services are provided by specially trained caseworkers who have received at least forty hours of training from recognized family preservation services experts. Caseworkers provide the services in the family's home, and may provide some of the services in other natural environments of the family, such as their neighborhood or schools.
(2) Caseload size averages two families per caseworker.
(3) The services to the family are provided by a single caseworker, with backup caseworkers identified to provide assistance as necessary.
(4) Caseworkers have the authority and discretion to spend funds, up to a maximum amount specified by the department, to help families obtain necessary food, shelter, or clothing or to purchase other goods or services that will enhance the effectiveness of intervention.
(5) Services are available to the family within twenty-four hours following receipt of a referral to the program.
(6) Services are available to the family twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week.
(7) Duration of service is limited to a maximum of forty days, unless the department authorizes an additional provision of service through an exception to policy.
(8) Services assist the family to improve parental and household management competence and to solve practical problems that contribute to family stress so as to effect improved parental performance and enhanced functioning of the family unit.
(9) Services help families locate and utilize additional assistance, including but not limited to counseling and treatment services, housing, child care, education, job training, emergency cash grants, state and federally funded public assistance, and other basic support services.
Acts 1993, No. 857, §1, eff. June 23, 1993.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.