2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 8:606 — Commencement and completion requirements

§606.  Commencement and completion requirements

A.  Prior to the first sale of a cemetery space or the right of use or interment in any cemetery space in a structure which has not yet been constructed, the cemetery authority shall submit to the board the following:

(1)  A copy of the preliminary plans.

(2)  A map or plat delineating the sections, blocks, plots, avenues, walks, halls, rooms, corridors, elevations, or other subdivisions, with descriptive name or numbers.

(3)  A copy of all sales promotion material.

(4)  A copy of the pre-construction sales contract.

B.  A cemetery authority shall be required to commence construction pursuant to the plans filed with the board within forty-eight months after the date of the first sale of each section of the structure in which sales, contracts for sales, or reservations for sales are being made, and the construction of each such section shall be completed within five years after the date of the said first sale.  However, extensions not to exceed one year, may be granted by the board for reasonable cause.  If the structure is not completed within the time specified herein, all monies paid plus any monetary penalties assessed by the board shall be paid to the purchasers, unless the cemetery authority delivers a completed interment space acceptable to the purchaser in lieu of the interment space purchased.

C.  Failure to commence or complete a section within the time herein required shall be a misdemeanor punishable by fine of not less than two hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars or by imprisonment of not less than thirty days nor more than one year, or both.

Acts 1974, No. 417, §1; Acts 1999, No. 1199, §1; Acts 2004, No. 66, §1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.