2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 8:402 — Application for license
§402. Application for license
Any person wishing to establish and operate the business of a cemetery sales organization or a cemetery management organization must operate as a corporation as required by R.S. 8:201 and shall file with the board a written application for a license to operate. The application shall be on a form issued by the board which shall require, as a minimum, that the documents and information submitted to the board shall include:
(1) A statement of the states or other jurisdictions in which the corporation presently is conducting the business activity for which a license is being applied and any adverse order, judgment, or decree entered against the applicant in each jurisdiction or by any court.
(2) The corporation's name, address, the form of its organization, and the address of each of its offices within and without the state.
(3) The name, address, and principal occupation for the past five years of every director and officer of the applicant, and the name, address, and principal occupation for the past five years of every principal owner and principal stockholder. For this purpose, any individual whose interest in the applicant exceeds ten percent shall be considered a principal owner or stockholder.
(4) A copy of the articles of incorporation that establish the legal entity of the applicant.
(5) A narrative description of the promotional plan for the sale of cemetery property and services.
Acts 1974, No. 417, §1. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 428, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.