2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 28:750 — Louisiana developmental
CHAPTER 10. LOUISIANA DEVELOPMENTAL
§750. Purpose and establishment of Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council
A. The purpose of this Chapter is to establish the Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council to coordinate, monitor, plan, and evaluate those services, other assistance, and opportunities necessary to enable persons with developmental disabilities to achieve their maximum potential through:
(1) Increased self-determination, independence, productivity, and integration and inclusion into the community, and
(2) An enhanced role of the family in assisting persons with developmental disabilities.
B. The Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council is hereby established within the Department of Health and Hospitals to serve as an advocate for persons with developmental disabilities. The council shall:
(1) Plan effective coordination of state resources to meet the needs of persons with developmental disabilities.
(2) Promote the dignity of persons with developmental disabilities.
(3) Serve as an advisor to the governor, the secretary of the Department of Health and Hospitals, and the legislature on programs and policies pertaining to services for persons with developmental disabilities and their families.
(4) Promote provision of a full range of services, assistance, and opportunities for persons with developmental disabilities, including housing, education, rehabilitation, employment, recreation, family support, and other needed support services, in the least restrictive environment.
Added by Acts 1982, No. 528, §1. Acts 1984, No. 350, §2, eff. September 1, 1984; Acts 1989, No. 515, §1, eff. July 1, 1989; Acts 2001, No. 638, §1, eff. June 22, 2001.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.