2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 28:22.8 — State residential facilities; state developmental centers
§22.8. State residential facilities; state developmental centers
A. The names of the following state residential facilities for persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities are designated as follows:
(1) Metropolitan Developmental Center, formerly Belle Chase State School.
(2) Peltier-Lawless Developmental Center, formerly Thibodaux State School.
(3) The name of Pinecrest State School is changed to Pinecrest Developmental Center.
(4) The name of Ruston State School is changed to Ruston Developmental Center.
(5) The name of Columbia State School is changed to Columbia Developmental Center.
(6) The name of Northwest Louisiana State School is changed to Northwest Louisiana Developmental Center.
(7) The name of Leesville State School is changed to Leesville Developmental Center.
(8) The name of Southwest Louisiana State School is changed to Southwest Louisiana Developmental Center.
(9) The name of Hammond State School is changed to Hammond Developmental Center.
B. Under such names, these facilities shall continue to serve as centers for persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
Acts 1985, No. 813, §2; Acts 1991, No. 253, §1, eff. July 2, 1991.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.