2015 Kentucky Revised Statutes
311.1925 Who may make anatomical gift of decedent's body or part.

KY Rev Stat § 311.1925 (2015) What's This?

Download as PDF 311.1925 Who may make anatomical gift of decedent's body or part. (1) (2) (3) Subject to subsections (2) and (3) of this section and unless barred by KRS 311.1921 or 311.1923, an anatomical gift of a decedent's body or part for purpose of transplantation, therapy, research, or education may be made by any member of the following classes of persons who is reasonably available, in the order of priority listed: (a) An agent of the decedent at the time of death who could have made an anatomical gift under KRS 311.1915(2) immediately before the decedent's death; (b) The spouse of the decedent; (c) Adult children of the decedent; (d) Parents of the decedent; (e) Adult siblings of the decedent; (f) Adult grandchildren of the decedent; (g) Grandparents of the decedent; and (h) The persons who were acting as the guardians of the person of the decedent at the time of death. If there is more than one (1) member of a class listed in subsection (1)(a), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g), or (h) of this section entitled to make an anatomical gift, an anatomical gift may be made by a member of the class unless that member or a person to which the gift may pass under KRS 311.1929 knows of an objection by another member of the class. If an objection is known, the gift may be made only by a majority of the members of the class who are reasonably available. A person may not make an anatomical gift if, at the time of the decedent's death, a person in a prior class under subsection (1) of this section is reasonably available to make or to object to the making of an anatomical gift. Effective: July 15, 2010 History: Created 2010 Ky. Acts ch. 161, sec. 8, effective July 15, 2010.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.