2013 Kentucky Revised Statutes
Download as PDF
As used in KRS 367.610:
(1) "Person" means an individual, corporation, or any other business organization.
(2) "Consumer" means a natural person who seeks or acquires goods or services
for personal, family, or household use.
(3) "Creditor" means a person who, in the ordinary course of business, lends
purchase money or finances the sale of goods or services to consumers on a
deferred payment basis, provided such person is not acting, for the purposes of
a particular transaction, in the capacity of a credit card issuer.
(4) "Purchase money loan" means a cash advance which is received by a
consumer in return for a finance charge, which is applied, in whole or
substantial part, to a purchase of goods or services from a seller who:
(a) Refers consumers to the creditor; or
(b) Is affiliated with the creditor by common control, contract, or business
(5) "Consumer credit contract" means any instrument which evidences or
embodies a debt arising from a "purchase money loan" transaction or in which
credit is extended by a seller or lessor in connection with a sale or lease to a
History: Created 1976 Ky. Acts ch. 152, sec. 1.
CHAPTER 367 - CONSUMER PROTECTION
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.