2013 Kentucky Revised Statutes
Download as PDF
For purposes of KRS 367.570 to 367.585 unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Negative option plan" means a contractual plan or arrangement under which a
seller periodically sends to subscribers an announcement which identifies
merchandise (other than annual supplements to previously acquired
merchandise) it proposes to send to subscribers to such plan, and the
subscribers thereafter receive and are billed for the merchandise identified in
each such announcement, unless by a date or within a time specified by the
seller with respect to each such announcement the subscribers, in conformity
with the provisions of such plan, instruct the seller not to send the identified
(2) "Subscriber" means any person who has agreed to receive the benefits of, and
assume the obligations entailed in, membership in any negative option plan
and whose membership in such negative option plan has been approved and
accepted by the seller.
(3) "Contract-complete subscriber" refers to a subscriber who has purchased the
minimum quantity of merchandise required by the terms of membership in a
negative option plan.
(4) "Promotional material" refers to an advertisement containing or accompanying
any device or material which a prospective subscriber sends to the seller to
request acceptance or enrollment in a negative option plan.
(5) "Selection" refers to the merchandise identified by a seller under any negative
option plan as the merchandise which the subscriber will receive and be billed
for, unless by the date or within the period specified by the seller, the
subscriber instructs the seller not to send such merchandise.
(6) "Announcement" refers to any material sent by a seller using a negative option
plan in which the selection is identified and offered to subscribers.
(7) "Form" refers to any form which the subscriber returns to the seller to instruct
the seller not to send the selection.
(8) "Return date" refers to a date specified by a seller using a negative option plan
as the date by which a form must be received by the seller to prevent shipment
of the selection.
(9) "Mailing date" refers to the time specified by a seller using a negative option
plan as the time by or within which a form must be mailed by a subscriber to
prevent shipment of the selection.
Effective:July 13, 1984
History: Amended 1984 Ky. Acts ch. 111, sec. 150, effective July 13, 1984. -Created 1978 Ky. Acts ch. 304, sec. 1, effective June 17, 1978.
CHAPTER 367 - CONSUMER PROTECTION
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.