2013 Kentucky Revised Statutes
Download as PDF
Unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Recreational and retirement use" land means that land which is sold and
promoted with primary emphasis on the land's value for recreational purposes
or for retirement purposes. In order to carry out the purposes of KRS 367.470
to 367.486, the Attorney General may by administrative regulations further
define the term "recreational and retirement use" of land;
(2) "Offer" includes every inducement, solicitation, or attempt to encourage a
person to acquire an interest in land;
(3) "Person" means an individual, corporation, government, or governmental
subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, partnership, unincorporated
association, two (2) or more of any of the foregoing having a joint or common
interest or any other legal or commercial entity;
(4) "Purchaser" means a person who acquires or attempts to acquire or succeeds
to an interest in land;
(5) "Subdivider" means any owner of subdivided land who offers it for disposition
or the principal agent of the owner.
(6) "Subdivision and subdivided lands" means any land which is divided or is
proposed to be divided for the purpose of disposition into ten (10) or more lots,
parcels, units, or interests and also includes any land, whether contiguous or
not, if ten (10) or more lots, parcels, units, or interests are offered as a part of a
common promotional plan of advertising and sale.
(7) "Land" and "interest in land" mean any right to own, use, or enjoy land,
including, but not limited to, fee estates, life estates, leasehold estates,
easements, undivided interests, licenses, and any other legal or equitable
interest in real property but not including interests in the nature of personal
property which are nontransferable by the purchaser.
(8) "Development" means the recreational and retirement use land itself together
with any existing or future common areas, undeveloped land, improvements, or
amenities which are or have been advertised or used to induce the purchase of
recreational and retirement use land irrespective of whether particular
improvements or amenities existed at the time of sales to particular individuals.
(9) "Consumer credit contract" means any instrument which evidences or
embodies a debt incurred by a natural person for the purchase, lease, or use of
recreational and retirement use land which is intended for personal, family, or
Effective:July 14, 1992
History: Amended 1992 Ky. Acts ch. 209, sec. 1, effective July 14, 1992. -Created 1978 Ky. Acts ch. 316, sec. 2, effective June 17, 1978.
CHAPTER 367 - CONSUMER PROTECTION
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.