2006 Kentucky Revised Statutes - .060   Sentence of imprisonment for felony.

532.060 Sentence of imprisonment for felony. (1) A sentence of imprisonment for a felony shall be an indeterminate sentence, the maximum of which shall be fixed within the limits provided by subsection (2), and subject to modification by the trial judge pursuant to KRS 532.070. (2) The authorized maximum terms of imprisonment for felonies are: (a)  For a Class A felony, not less than twenty (20) years nor more than fifty (50) years, or life imprisonment; (b)  For a Class B felony, not less than ten (10) years nor more than twenty (20) years; (c)  For a Class C felony, not less than five (5) years nor more than ten (10) years; and (d)  For a Class D felony, not less than one (1) year nor more than five (5) years. (3) For any felony specified in KRS Chapter 510, KRS 530.020, 530.064(1)(a), or 531.310, the sentence shall include an additional five (5) year period of conditional discharge which shall be added to the maximum sentence rendered for the offense. During this period of conditional discharge, if a defendant violates the provisions of conditional discharge, the defendant may be reincarcerated for: (a)  The remaining period of his initial sentence, if any is remaining; and (b)  The entire period of conditional discharge, or if the initial sentence has been served, for the remaining period of conditional discharge. (4) The actual time of release within the maximum established by subsection (1), or as modified pursuant to KRS 532.070, shall be determined under procedures established elsewhere by law. Effective: July 12, 2006 History: Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 182, sec. 65, effective July 12, 2006. -- Amended 1998 Ky. Acts ch. 606, sec. 70, effective July 15, 1998. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 278, effective January 1, 1975.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.