2019 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 72 - Schools
Article 61 - Student Safety And Discipline
- 72-6114 Grounds for suspension or expulsion; who may suspend or expel.
- 72-6115 Duration of suspension or expulsion; notice; hearings, opportunity afforded, waiver, time, who may conduct.
- 72-6116 Procedural due process requirements; record of appeal, costs; report of findings and result of hearing; information regarding behavior improvement programs.
- 72-6117 Notice of hearing results; appeal to board of education; hearing officers; procedure.
- 72-6118 Nonapplication of compulsory attendance law.
- 72-6119 Powers and duties of persons conducting hearings.
- 72-6120 Refusal to admit suspended or expelled pupil authorized.
- 72-6121 Definitions.
- 72-6131 Definitions.
- 72-6132 Policies requiring expulsion of pupils for possession of weapons, adoption, filing; hearings; modification of requirement authorized; referral procedure; annual report; circumstances when policy not applicable.
- 72-6133 Duties of state board of education; failure of boards to adopt and file policies, penalties.
- 72-6134 Use of air guns; certain policies prohibited.
- 72-6135 Definitions.
- 72-6136 Suspension or revocation of driver's license or privilege upon certain school safety violations; procedure.
- 72-6141 Citation of act.
- 72-6142 Definitions.
- 72-6143 Information regarding identity of specified pupils, disclosure requirements; criminal acts, reports to law enforcement agencies and state board of education; school safety and security policies, memorandum of understanding, availability; civil liability, immunity.
- 72-6144 Penalties for failure to make reports, preventing or interfering with reports; sanctions for making reports prohibited; immunity from liability.
- 72-6145 Severability.
- 72-6146 School security officers and campus police officers.
- 72-6147 Bullying, school district policies.
- 72-6151 Freedom from unsafe restraint and seclusion act; citation.
- 72-6152 Definitions.
- 72-6153 Use of emergency safety interventions; seclusion room requirements; school district policies; dispute resolution procedures.
- 72-6154 Parental notification; documentation of an incident; annual report.
- 72-6155 Parent's right to request meeting; required meetings.
- 72-6156 Rules and regulations.
- 72-6157 Emergency safety intervention task force; membership; organization; duties.
- 72-6158 Expiration of act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.