2018 Kansas Statutes
59-3079 Conservatorship plan; contents; effectuation; revision.

Universal Citation: KS Stat § 59-3079 (2018)

59-3079.Conservatorship plan; contents; effectuation; revision. (a) At any time, the court may require the conservator, or the conservator may at any time choose, to develop and file with the court a plan for the administration of the conservatee's estate. This plan shall be developed consistent with the provisions of K.S.A. 59-3078, and amendments thereto. This plan may provide for, but need not be limited to providing for:

(1) What autonomy the conservatee will have with regard to keeping and utilizing any earnings from employment or gifts which the conservatee may have or receive; and

(2) what responsibility the conservator shall have with regard to protecting the eligibility of the conservatee for any type of public or other benefit.

(b) If required by the court, the court may set a date by which this conservatorship plan shall be filed with the court. Otherwise, the conservator may at any time file a plan with the court. Upon the filing of a plan, the court may require the conservator to give notice thereof to such persons as the court directs. Any interested party may request that the court conduct a hearing concerning any plan filed with the court. The court may require the conservator to amend or withdraw any plan filed.

(c) Any conservatorship plan filed with the court shall be effectuated by the conservator to the maximum extent possible consistent with any changing circumstances of the conservatee. Within each accounting submitted to the court as the court directs pursuant to K.S.A. 59-3083, and amendments thereto, the conservator shall explain any actions taken in deviance from the plan and the reasons therefor.

(d) At any time deemed appropriate by the conservator, the conservator may file a revised conservatorship plan consistent with the provisions of this section.

History: L. 2002, ch. 114, § 30; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.