2018 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 59 PROBATE CODE
Article 29a COMMITMENT OF SEXUALLY VIOLENT PREDATORS
- 59-29a01 Kansas sexually violent predator act; civil commitment of sexually violent predators; legislative findings; time requirements directory.
- 59-29a02 Civil commitment of sexually violent predators; definitions.
- 59-29a03 Same; notice of release of sexually violent predator by agency with jurisdiction to attorney general and multidisciplinary team, time, contents; immunity from liability; establishing a multidisciplinary team; appointment of a prosecutor's review committee; assessment of person; provisions of section are not jurisdictional.
- 59-29a04 Same; petition, time, contents, venue, service; provisions of section are not jurisdictional; county reimbursed for costs; responsibility for costs of medical care and treatment; proceedings are civil in nature.
- 59-29a04a Sexually violent predator expense fund.
- 59-29a05 Civil commitment of sexually violent predators; determination of probable cause, hearing; evaluation; person taken into custody.
- 59-29a06 Same; pretrial conference; trial; counsel, examiners and experts; indigent persons; jury, composition, peremptory challenges.
- 59-29a07 Same; determination; appeal; commitment procedure; interagency agreements; mistrials; persons committed and later taken into custody after parole, arrest or conviction, procedure; persons found incompetent to stand trial, procedure.
- 59-29a08 Same; examination; annual review hearing for transitional release; rights and procedures; court orders; transitional release program.
- 59-29a09 Detention and commitment to conform to constitutional requirements.
- 59-29a10 Petitions for transitional or conditional release; procedure.
- 59-29a11 Transitional release, conditional release or final discharge; subsequent discharge petitions, limitations; prohibition of location of facilities; facilities subject to zoning; county limitations; annual report by secretary for aging and disability services.
- 59-29a12 Same; secretary for aging and disability services; responsible for costs; duties; reimbursement; costs paid by committed person.
- 59-29a13 Same; notice to victims of release of persons committed under this act.
- 59-29a14 Same; special allegation of sexual motivation; procedure; withdrawal or dismissal.
- 59-29a15 Same; severability.
- 59-29a16 Same; confidential or privileged information and records.
- 59-29a17 Same; court records; sealed and opened by court order.
- 59-29a18 Transitional release; examination; annual review hearing for conditional release; rights and procedures; court orders.
- 59-29a19 Conditional release; plan of treatment; minimum term; hearing for final release; conditional release monitor; violating conditions of plan or release.
- 59-29a20 Bail, bond, house arrest or other release; not eligible.
- 59-29a21 Severability.
- 59-29a22 Persons in custody of secretary for aging and disability services; rights and rules of conduct; definitions; application of Kansas administrative procedure act and Kansas judicial review act.
- 59-29a23 Civil action filed by sexually violent predator; costs related thereto; dismissal; limitations on future actions.
- 59-29a24 Civil actions; exhaustion of administrative remedies required. [See Revisor's Note]
- 59-29a25 Permanent physiological change, petition for discharge; procedure.
- 59-29a26 Post-commitment hearings, evaluations and other expenses; responsibility for costs.
- 59-29a27 Post-commitment crime; responsibility for costs of care and custody, costs of prosecution; reimbursement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.