2018 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 59 PROBATE CODE
Article 21 ADOPTION
- 59-2111 Citation of act.
- 59-2112 Definitions.
- 59-2113 Who may adopt.
- 59-2114 Written consent required; acknowledgment; revocability of consent, when.
- 59-2115 Consent or relinquishment; minor parent.
- 59-2116 Same; time of execution.
- 59-2117 Same; execution and acknowledgment outside of state, in foreign country or by person in military service.
- 59-2118 Effect of adoption; name; rights of child, parents.
- 59-2119 Report of adoption.
- 59-2120 Interstate adoption; procedures.
- 59-2121 Payment for adoption; limitation; approval by court; criminal penalties.
- 59-2122 Files and records of adoption.
- 59-2123 Certain advertisements and offers relating to adopting and placing children prohibited; licensure of person placing advertisement; definitions.
- 59-2124 Relinquishment of child to agency.
- 59-2125 Application of K.S.A. 59-2126 through 59-2136.
- 59-2126 Venue.
- 59-2127 Jurisdiction.
- 59-2128 Petition for adoption; consents, background information, accounting, residency affidavit, filing.
- 59-2129 Consent.
- 59-2130 Independent and agency adoptions; background information on adoptee and parents; filing; disclosure.
- 59-2131 Same; temporary orders.
- 59-2132 Independent and agency adoptions; assessment, investigation and report; waiver.
- 59-2133 Notice; waiver.
- 59-2134 Hearing.
- 59-2135 Same; information to be provided to Kansas department for children and families.
- 59-2136 Relinquishment and adoption; proceedings to terminate parental rights.
- 59-2137 Application of K.S.A. 59-2138 through 59-2142.
- 59-2138 Venue.
- 59-2139 Petition.
- 59-2140 Consent.
- 59-2141 Notice and hearing.
- 59-2142 Copy of decree to former parent.
- 59-2143 Consent and relinquishment form.
- 59-2144 Foreign adoption; filing documents with the clerk of the district court; birth certificate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.