2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 76 STATE INSTITUTIONS AND AGENCIES; HISTORICAL PROPERTY
Article 7 STATE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS; MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION
76-768 Use of social security number prohibited, when.
76-768. Use of social security number prohibited, when. (a) On and after July 1, 2006:
(1) No postsecondary educational institution shall print or encode a person's social security number on or into the person's identification card.
(2) Any distinguishing identifier assigned to the person's identification card shall be a combination of numbers or letters or both, which is unique to such person.
(3) A person's distinguishing identifier shall not, in any way, be based on or depend on the person's social security number.
(b) As used in this section:
(1) "Person" means an employee of or a student enrolled at a postsecondary educational institution.
(2) "Postsecondary educational institution" means and includes community colleges, the municipal university, state educational institutions, technical colleges, the institute of technology at Washburn university and private institutions of postsecondary education.
History: L. 2004, ch. 185, § 48; L. 2011, ch. 97, § 48; July 1.