2017 Kansas Statutes
76-425c Same; state forester.

Universal Citation: KS Stat § 76-425c (2017)

76-425c.Same; state forester. (a) There is hereby created the Kansas forest service. The chief executive officer of the service shall be known as the state forester and shall be appointed by the president of Kansas state university in the unclassified service subject to the approval of the board. The state forester shall receive such compensation for services as shall be fixed by the board. A person in order to be eligible to be appointed to, or hold the office of state forester must have completed the requirements for and be the holder of a degree from a school of forestry approved by the board and shall have a record of experience in forestry satisfactory to the board. Subject to the approval of the president of Kansas state university and the board and within available appropriations, the state forester may employ such assistants and office personnel and purchase such office furniture and other equipment and supplies as may be necessary for administration of this act and the performance of the powers and duties of the service. The Kansas forest service shall be located at Kansas state university.

(b) The name of the office of state and extension forestry is hereby changed to the Kansas forest service. All properties, moneys, appropriations, rights and authorities now vested in the office of state and extension forestry shall be vested in the Kansas forest service. Whenever the office of state and extension forestry, or words of like effect, is referred to or designated by any statute, contract or other document, such reference or designation shall be deemed to apply to the Kansas forest service.

History: L. 1965, ch. 479, § 3; L. 1993, ch. 77, § 2; L. 1997, ch. 49, § 2; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.