2017 Kansas Statutes
76-4,107 State board of regents authorized to sell certain property in Riley county, Kansas; procedure; use of proceeds.

Universal Citation: KS Stat § 76-4,107 (2017)

76-4,107.State board of regents authorized to sell certain property in Riley county, Kansas; procedure; use of proceeds. (a) The state board of regents is hereby authorized and empowered, for and on behalf of Kansas state university, to sell and convey all of the rights, title and interest in the following parcel in Riley county, Kansas:

A tract of land in Government Lot 11 of Section 8, Township 10 South, Range 8 East of the 6th P.M., in Pottawatomie county, Kansas, described as follows: Beginning at a point on the west line of Hayes Drive that is E. 89°41′ 17″ E. 637.66 feet and N. 1°46′17″ W. 278.76 feet from the southwest corner of said section 8, said point being the northeast corner of the Robert M. Baril tract recorded in Deed Book 134, Page 112, at the Pottawatomie county Register of Deeds office; thence N. 89°38′ 42″ W. 181.78 feet to the northwest corner of the said Baril tract; thence North 208.71 feet along the east line of a tract leased by the Stevenson Sign Services, Inc., to the Northeast corner of said Stevenson tract, thence S. 89°41′ 17″ E. 175.32 feet to the West line of Hayes Drive; thence S. 1°46′ 17″ E. 208.98 feet along the west line of said Hayes Drive to the point of beginning, containing 0.856 acres; subject to easements and restrictions of record;

(b) Conveyance of such rights, title and interest in such real estate shall be executed in the name of the state board of regents by its chairperson and chief executive officer. When the sale is made, the proceeds thereof shall be deposited in the Kansas state university restricted fees account for use by the student union. The provisions of K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 75-6609, and amendments thereto, shall not be applicable to the real estate sale authorized by this section.

History: L. 2005, ch. 106, § 1; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.