2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 75 STATE DEPARTMENTS; PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
Article 7 ATTORNEY GENERAL
75-763 Rules and regulations for skill development training for school misconduct.
75-763. Rules and regulations for skill development training for school misconduct. (a) The attorney general shall, in collaboration with the Kansas law enforcement training center and the state board of education, promulgate rules and regulations by January 1, 2017, creating a skill development training for responding effectively to misconduct in school while minimizing student exposure to the juvenile justice system.
(b) The skill development training shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Information on adolescent development;
(2) risk and needs assessments;
(3) mental health;
(5) youth crisis intervention;
(6) substance abuse prevention;
(7) trauma-informed responses; and
(8) other evidence-based practices in school policing to mitigate student juvenile justice exposure.
(c) The superintendent of each school district or the superintendent's designee and any law enforcement officer primarily assigned to a school shall complete the skill development training.
History: L. 2016, ch. 46, § 14; July 1.