2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 59 PROBATE CODE
Article 29c THE CRISIS INTERVENTION ACT
59-29c07 Emergency observation and treatment; application by any adult.
59-29c07. Emergency observation and treatment; application by any adult. (a) A crisis intervention center may evaluate, admit and detain any person 18 years of age or older who is presented for emergency observation and treatment upon the written application of any adult.
(b) An emergency observation and treatment application shall be made on a form set forth by the secretary for aging and disability services or a locally developed form approved by the secretary. The original application shall be kept by the applicant, and a copy shall be provided to the crisis intervention center and to the patient. The application shall state:
(1) The name and address of the person sought to be admitted, if known;
(2) the name and address of the person's spouse, domestic partner or nearest relative, if known;
(3) the applicant's belief that the person may be a mentally ill person subject to involuntary commitment as defined in K.S.A. 59-2956, and amendments thereto, a person with an alcohol or substance abuse problem subject to involuntary commitment as defined in K.S.A. 59-29b46, and amendments thereto, or a person with co-occurring conditions, and because of such mental illness, alcohol or substance abuse problem or co-occurring conditions, is likely to cause harm to self or others if not immediately detained;
(4) the factual circumstances in support of that belief and the factual circumstances under which the person was presented to the crisis intervention center;
(5) any known pending criminal charges;
(6) any known prior psychiatric, medical or substance use history; and
(7) whether the person has a wellness recovery action plan or psychiatric advance directive, if known.
History: L. 2017, ch. 77, § 7; July 1.