2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 40 INSURANCE
Article 55 PUBLIC ADJUSTERS LICENSING ACT
40-5505. Requirements. (a) Before issuing a public adjuster license to an applicant under this act, the commissioner shall find that the applicant:
(1) Is eligible to designate this state as the applicant's home state or is a nonresident who is not eligible for a license under K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 40-5508, and amendments thereto;
(2) has not committed any act that is a ground for denial, suspension or revocation of a license as set forth in K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 40-5510, and amendments thereto;
(3) is trustworthy, reliable and of good reputation, evidence of which may be determined by the commissioner;
(4) is financially responsible to exercise the rights and privileges under the license and has provided proof of financial responsibility as required in K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 40-5511, and amendments thereto;
(5) has paid an application fee of $100; and
(6) maintains an office in the home state with public access during regular business hours or by reasonable appointment.
(b) In addition to satisfying the requirements of subsection (a), an applicant shall:
(1) Be at least 18 years of age; and
(2) have successfully passed the public adjuster examination.
(c) The commissioner may require any documents reasonably necessary to verify the information contained in the application.
History: L. 2009, ch. 83, § 5; Apr. 23.