2017 Kansas Statutes
2-2478 Same; use of pesticides in area; civil penalty; appeal procedure.

Universal Citation: KS Stat § 2-2478 (2017)

2-2478.Same; use of pesticides in area; civil penalty; appeal procedure. (a) Following the establishment of any pesticide management area, all persons shall use pesticides consistently with the provisions of the pesticide management plan for the pesticide management area. Any person who applies pesticides in violation of a plan of an established pesticide management area may incur a civil penalty in the amount fixed by rules and regulations of the secretary in an amount not less than $100 nor more than $5,000 for each violation.

(b) No civil penalty shall be imposed pursuant to this section except upon the written order of the secretary or the secretary's duly authorized agent to the person who committed the violation. Such order shall state the violation, the penalty to be imposed and the right of such person to appeal to the secretary. Any such person, within 20 days after notification, may make written request to the secretary for a hearing or informal conference hearing in accordance with the provisions of the Kansas administrative procedure act. The secretary shall affirm, reverse or modify the order and shall specify the reasons therefor.

(c) Any person aggrieved by an order of the secretary made under this section may appeal such order to the district court in the manner provided by the act for judicial review and civil enforcement of agency actions.

(d) Any civil penalty recovered pursuant to the provisions of this section shall be remitted to the state treasurer. Upon receipt of each such remittance, the state treasurer shall deposit the entire amount in the state treasury to the credit of the state general fund.

History: L. 1989, ch. 6, § 10; L. 2001, ch. 5, § 18; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.