2017 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 2 AGRICULTURE
Article 24 PEST CONTROL
2-2462. Enforcement. For the purposes of carrying out the provisions of this act, the secretary or his or her agent or the county or district attorney or their agents may enter any premises at any reasonable time, in order:
(1) To have access for the purpose of inspecting any equipment subject to this act and such premises on which such equipment is kept or stored; or
(2) to inspect or sample lands and crops actually or reported to be exposed to pesticides; or
(3) to inspect storage or disposal areas; or
(4) to inspect or investigate complaints of injury to humans, crops or land; or
(5) to sample pesticides being applied or to be applied; or
(6) to observe the use and application of a pesticide.
Should the secretary, his or her agent or the county or district attorney or their agents be denied access to any land where such access was sought for the purposes authorized, the secretary or the county or district attorney may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for a search warrant authorizing access to such land for said purposes. The court may upon such application, issue the search warrant for the purposes requested.
The enforcement of the criminal provisions of this act shall be the duty of, and shall be implemented by, the county or district attorneys of the various counties or districts. In the event a county or district attorney refuses to act, the attorney general shall so act. The secretary is charged with the duty of enforcing all other provisions of this act.
History: L. 1976, ch. 1, § 25; Oct. 21, 1977.