2017 Kansas Statutes
2-2440b Unlawful acts; pest control technician registration, requirements and fees.

Universal Citation: KS Stat § 2-2440b (2017)

2-2440b. Unlawful acts; pest control technician registration, requirements and fees. (a) It shall be unlawful for any pesticide business licensee to apply pesticides for the control of wood destroying pests, structural pests, ornamental pests, turf pests or interior landscape pests unless the applicator of the pesticide is a certified commercial applicator or is a registered pest control technician, except that an uncertified commercial applicator may apply pesticides when either a certified applicator or registered pest control technician is physically present.

(b) Any such employee applying for a pest control technician registration shall file an application on a form prescribed by the secretary. Application for such registration shall be accompanied by an application fee established by rules and regulations adopted by the secretary, except that such fee shall not exceed $40, except that on and after July 1, 2023, such fee shall not exceed $25, and shall be reduced, but not below zero, by an amount equal to the additional fee paid under K.S.A. 2-2440(b), and amendments thereto, for such uncertified individual.

(c) If the secretary finds the applicant qualified to be a registered pest control technician after meeting the training requirements determined by the secretary in rules and regulations, the secretary shall issue a pest control technician registration which will expire at the end of the calendar year.

(d) This section shall be part of and supplemental to the Kansas pesticide law.

History: L. 1987, ch. 12, § 2; L. 1988, ch. 7, § 3; L. 2002, ch. 181, § 4; L. 2004, ch. 85, § 4; L. 2009, ch. 128, § 13; L. 2014, ch. 133, § 2; L. 2017, ch. 86, § 4; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.