2015 Kansas Statutes
23-3212 Same; temporary orders.

KS Stat § 23-3212 (2015) What's This?

23-3212.Same; temporary orders. (a) The court may enter a temporary parenting plan in any case in which temporary orders relating to child custody is authorized.

(b) If the court deems it appropriate, a temporary parenting plan approved by the court may include one or more of the following provisions regarding children involved in the matter before the court:

(1) Designation of the temporary legal custody of the child;

(2) designation of a temporary residence for the child;

(3) allocation of parental rights and responsibilities regarding matters pertaining to the child's health, education and welfare;

(4) a schedule for the child's time with each parent, when appropriate.

(c) A parent seeking a temporary order in which matters of child custody, residency, or parenting time are included shall file a proposed temporary parenting plan contemporaneous with any request for issuance of such temporary orders, which plan shall be served with any such temporary orders.

(d) If the parent who has not filed a proposed temporary parenting plan disputes the allocation of parenting responsibilities, residency, parenting time or other matters included in the proposed temporary parenting plan, that parent shall file and serve a responsive proposed temporary parenting plan.

(e) Either parent may move to have a proposed temporary parenting plan entered as part of a temporary order. The parents may enter an agreed temporary parenting plan at any time as part of a temporary order.

(f) A parent may move for amendment of a temporary parenting plan, and the court may order amendment to the temporary parenting plan, if the amendment is in the best interest of the child.

(g) If a proceeding for divorce, separate maintenance, annulment or determination of parentage is dismissed, any temporary parenting plan is vacated.

History: L. 2000, ch. 171, § 26; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.