2015 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 21 CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
Article 55 SEX OFFENSES
21-5507 Unlawful voluntary sexual relations.
21-5507. Unlawful voluntary sexual relations. (a) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations is:
(1) Engaging in any of the following acts with a child who is 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age:
(A) Voluntary sexual intercourse;
(B) voluntary sodomy; or
(C) voluntary lewd fondling or touching;
(2) when the offender is less than 19 years of age;
(3) when the offender is less than four years of age older than the child;
(4) when the child and the offender are the only parties involved; and
(5) when the child and the offender are members of the opposite sex.
(b) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations as defined in:
(1) Subsection (a)(1)(A) is a severity level 8, person felony;
(2) subsection (a)(1)(B) is a severity level 9, person felony; and
(3) subsection (a)(1)(C) is a severity level 10, person felony.
History: L. 2010, ch. 136, § 71; July 1, 2011.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.