2014 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 40 INSURANCE
Article 40 CONVERSION OF DOMESTIC MUTUAL INSURER INTO DOMESTIC STOCK INSURER
- 40-4001 Conversion authority; review by commissioner; act to be liberally construed.
- 40-4002 Resolution by board of directors; plan of conversion; approval by commissioner and policyholders; withdrawal or amendment of plan.
- 40-4003a Plan of conversion; terms and conditions.
- 40-4003b Same; establishment of closed block for policyholder dividends.
- 40-4003c Continuation in force of policies; extinguishment of policyholder rights.
- 40-4004 Consideration and approval or disapproval of plan by commissioner; hearings.
- 40-4005 Same; meeting for approval by policyholders.
- 40-4006 Limitation on ownership of voting stock of converted insurer; violations; remedies.
- 40-4007 Prohibition on certain persons benefiting from assistance in conversion.
- 40-4008 Issuance of certificate of authority as final act of conversion; conversion not to affect rights of insurer.
- 40-4009 Directors and officers of mutual insurer, service.
- 40-4010 Securities issued under plan exempt from securities laws.
- 40-4011 Actions challenging validity of conversion; security required.
- 40-4012 Rules and regulations.
- 40-4013 Commissioner to charge insurer for expenses.
- 40-4014 Filing amended articles of incorporation with secretary of state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.