2014 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 40 INSURANCE
Article 10 MUTUAL FIRE AND TORNADO COMPANIES
- 40-1001 Mutual company for insurance against fire, lightning, tornado, hail or explosion; exceptions; extended coverage endorsements; limitations.
- 40-1001a Authority to insure glass breakage, vandalism and theft in addition to coverage under K.S.A. 40-1001; reserve fund and security deposit; requirements.
- 40-1002 Classification of insurable property.
- 40-1003 No policy issued until required application, premium notes and securities received.
- 40-1004 Directors; election; vacancy.
- 40-1005 Annual meeting of members; proxies.
- 40-1006 Officers; election; term.
- 40-1007 Deposit notes.
- 40-1008 Liability for losses; assessments; indebtedness.
- 40-1009 Recovery of assessments or on notes; cash policies not assessable.
- 40-1010 Suits for collection of assessments; liability of officers and directors; suits against company for losses.
- 40-1011 Property to be assessed and taxed.
- 40-1012 Bylaws.
- 40-1013 Classification of risks.
- 40-1014 Term of policies.
- 40-1015 Withdrawal of member of company; return premium; cancellation of policy, notice.
- 40-1016 Limitation on amount of risk; reinsurance.
- 40-1017 Execution and contents of policy.
- 40-1018 Reserve fund.
- 40-1019 Statement for annual meeting.
- 40-1020 Other corporations as members of company; vote.
- 40-1021 Guarantee fund.
- 40-1022 Creation and investment of such fund; liability.
- 40-1023 Scope of insurance by companies having guarantee fund; foreign companies.
- 40-1024 Cash or notes in payment of premiums; liability of members of company.
- 40-1025 Notice of creation of guarantee fund; examination; certificate of authority.
- 40-1026 Reinsurance of risks; assessment.
- 40-1027 Mutual fire and tornado companies; paid-up capital and surplus requirements.
- 40-1028 Consolidation of business into one class; vote of directors.
- 40-1029 Advances of money and issuance of certificates of indebtedness.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.