2014 Kansas Statutes
Chapter 21 CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
Article 58 CRIMES INVOLVING PROPERTY
21-5833 Automobile master key violation.
21-5833. Automobile master key violation. (a) Automobile master key violation is:
(1) Selling or offering to sell a motor vehicle master key knowing it to be designed to fit the ignition switch of more than one motor vehicle; or
(2) possession of a motor vehicle master key designed to fit the ignition switch of more than one motor vehicle by a person knowing it to be such a key.
(b) Automobile master key violation is a class C misdemeanor.
(c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to a:
(1) Law enforcement officer;
(2) person who is regularly carrying on the business of garage proprietor or locksmith;
(3) owner of two or more vehicles who possess such motor vehicle master key for any or all of the motor vehicles so owned; or
(4) person who sells a motor vehicle master key to a person described in subsection (c)(3).
History: L. 2010, ch. 136, § 119; July 1, 2011.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.